Ratnagiri is the ultimate paradise for tourists in love with sea and solitude. This quaint city is known for its pitch black sand beaches and super delicious Alphonso mangoes.
Deccan Odyssey takes you to this remarkable land of ancient temples and long beaches on its 6th day trip under Maharaja Splendour itinerary.
What to see at Ratnagiri?
After the wild fun and excitement at Goa, Ratnagiri is the apt place to rejuvenate. Here tourists can
- Breathe in the fresh air mixed with the coolness of the Sahyadri hills and moisture of the Arabian Sea.
- Relish authentic Konkani cuisines along with high quality drinks. The prime feature of the local food prepared here is it is made on an open oven (chulla) and consists of steaming hot rice, spicy fish curry and dessert named phanaspoli, which is made from crushed and dried mangoes and jack fruits.
- Wash away all stress with the warm water flowing down from the hot water springs, namely, the Aaravali and Tural Hot Springs.
- Walk along the long seashores, hand in hand with your loved ones; Pandre Samudra, Velneshwar, Bhatye Beach to name a few.
- Spend some soulful moments at the thousands of years old shrines, like the Swayambhu Ganpati Temple.
- Witness the might of the Maratha rulers at the historic castles, like the Jaigad Fort.
- Enjoy some fun moments watching baby turtles take their first step towards sea.
- Bask in the enthralling warmth and beauty of nature from the sunset point of Thibaw.
- Boost your adrenaline rowing banana boats, motor boats and water scooters.
- But fine quality cashew nuts, mangoes, aam panna, kokumsharbat, sandman and amboli.
Why Deccan Odyssey?
Embark on an immemorial journey to Ratnagiri with Deccan Odyssey, one of the luxury trains from the Indian Railways. With its divine blue exteriors and 21 air-conditioned luxury suites, Deccan Odyssey is a perfect vehicle for you this summer.
The other facilities of the train include
- Spacious cabins outfitted with vintage Maharashtrian furniture.
- Attached private baths equipped with an exquisite range of toiletries.
- Personal safes and utmost security for all belongings.
- Round the clock attendant to look into all needs at any time of the day or night.
- Free internet connectivity.
- On-board multi cuisines restaurants to relish both authentic Maharashtrian and global cuisines.
- A well stocked bar cum lounge to spend some high time with friends.
- A high tech meeting room for voice and video conferencing.
- A SPA and massage cabin offering both Ayurveda and international treatments under the warm lights of aromatic candles, relaxing ambience and using natural oils.
Deccan Odyssey offers 6 tour packages which include Maharashtra Splendour, Indian Odyssey, Jewels of the Deccan, Maharashtra Wild Trail, Hidden Treasures of Gujarat and the Indian Sojourn.
So, do not confine yourself to home this summer, pack your bags and get set for a mesmerizing journey to the virgin beaches of Ratnagiri with Deccan Odyssey.